The UC Berkeley Filippenko Group's Supernova Database Home Page
Welcome to our Supernova Database (SNDB) home page!
If you use a significant amount of data from the
SNDB: Please consider adding Jeffrey M. Silverman and Alexei V. Filippenko as co-authors.
Below are two websites that allow you to interact with the SNDB.
- phpMyAdmin - A great GUI interface that lets you easily search the public database (username and password are both anonymous).
- SN Database Search Page - The main search page for the SNDB from the Filippenko Group at UC Berkeley. It allows you to search for
supernovae, spectra, photometry, and light curves using a wide variety of search parameters. It also allows you to choose which fields you want displayed in the search
results. It contains only previously published data and is open to anyone.
Download a tar file of all spectra here.
Here are the full tables from BSNIP I:
- Table 1: SN Ia and Host Information PDF TXT
- Table 2: SN Ia Spectral Information PDF TXT
- Table 5: SNID v7.0 Spectral Templates PDF TXT
- Table 7: SNID Classification Information PDF TXT
Plots of all of the fully reduced spectra, as well as galaxy-subtracted spectra, presented in BSNIP I are here. Spectral sequence plots for all objects in BSNIP I with more than 7 spectra are here. Plots of all objects for which (re-)classifications were made, compared to their best-matching SNID template, are here.
The SNID v7.0 Spectral Templates are here. To add the new templates to your version of SNID,
follow these instructions.
Here are the full tables from BSNIP II:
- Table 3: Velocity Gradients and Interpolated/Extrapolated Velocities TXT
- Table A1: Summary of Spectral Dataset TXT
- Table B1: Measured Values for Ca II H&K TXT
- Table B2: Measured Values for Si II λ4000 TXT
- Table B3: Measured Values for Mg II TXT
- Table B4: Measured Values for Fe II TXT
- Table B5: Measured Values for S II "W" TXT
- Table B6: Measured Values for Si II λ5972 TXT
- Table B7: Measured Values for Si II λ6355 TXT
- Table B8: Measured Values for O I Triplet TXT
- Table B9: Measured Values for Ca II Near-IR Triplet TXT
©2012 CGI :: Authored by Jeffrey M. Silverman :: Advised by A. V. Filippenko